Okay ... here is the first recipe post! Finally :-) From here on out I'm hoping to make at least one post a week and would love if any of the 3 other current followers would like to add their own recipes and pics to share :-) Hope you all enjoy this one ...
Balsamic Chicken with Garlic and Mushrooms
Served with Jasmine Rice, Steamed Asparagus (which were cooked at the same time in my rice cooker ... AMAZING) and garlic bread ... (and red wine :-) of course )
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Rinse and slice the mushrooms. Season the flour with salt and pepper and dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and saute the chicken until it is nicely browned on one side (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add the garlic to skillet with the chicken. Turn the chicken over and cover with the mushrooms. Continue frying, shaking the skillet and stirring the mushrooms. Cook for about 3 minutes, then add the vinegar, broth, bay leaf and thyme. Cover tightly and simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes, turning every few minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a warm serving platter and cover with foil. Set aside. Continue simmering the sauce, uncovered, over medium high heat for about 5 minutes. Swirl in the butter or margarine and discard the bay leaf. Pour this mushroom sauce mixture over the chicken and serve.