Monday, December 12, 2011

Gorgonzola Caramelized Onion Dip

HELLO!!!! WOW!!! Its been entirely too long since my last post!! Still cooking and baking all the time and LOVIN' it ... just not taking the time to update my poor blog :/ Anywho ... I came up with this recipe ... with the help of a fellow foodie friend's taste buds :) ... after having it in a restaurant in Portland during another friend's bachelorette party! It was DE-LISH!!!

Ingredients:

  • 1 onion, sliced thinly
  • 4 tablespoon butter
  • 2 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 8 oz Gorgonzola cheese, roughly chopped
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise 
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon Chipotle Chile Pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon Paprika 
Directions: 
  1. Saute the onion over medium low heat with butter and brown sugar until the onions are cooked through and have a nice caramelized color. 
  2. Add Gorgonzola, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Parmesan cheese and cook until all the cheese are mixed together. 
  3. Mix in Chipotle Chile pepper and paprika (more or less to taste) 
Note: I've served this crackers, baguettes, celery, apples and pears ... my favorites are celery and pears :) As a family friend told my Hubby, "I keep craving that dip Nicole made at dinner! It was good on EVERYTHING ... apples, pears, crackers, bread, celery, FINGERS!" Maybe I should rename it "Finger Dip!?!" I'd love to hear your pairing combinations and find out what was your favorite! 

Enjoy!! 

Nicole  

No comments:

Post a Comment