- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 - 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups broth (chicken, vegetable, or beef pending what else your having)
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 3 quart, microwave safe casserole dish combine butter, olive oil, garlic and onion. Place dish in microwave and cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Add broth and heat in microwave until the broth is hot but not boiling (approximately 2 minutes).
- Stir the rice into the casserole dish with the onion, butter and garlic mixture. Cover the dish tightly and cook on high for 6 minutes.
- Stir wine into the rice. Cook on high for 10 minutes more. Most of the liquid should have boiled off. Stir the cheese into the rice and serve.
I'd love to hear any variations of the recipe should you decide to try this one :)