Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Baked Tilapia w/ Mango Peach Salsa

I was looking for something quick and easy (and healthy ... shhh!) to make for dinner and have been wanting to try my hand at Tilapia for some time now ... Prior to tonight I have yet to prepare, cook, or consume Tilapia, but after tonight it will me a staple in our home. This was GREAT!!! I made 3 Tilapia fillets for our family of 4, which worked out great for us, and served the fish with Sticky Lemon Rice and an Italian Spinach Salad ...




Ingredients:
  • 3 (4 oz) Tilapia Fillets 
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • Lemon Pepper
  • Garlic Powder
  • Salt
  • 1 teaspoon Butter
  • 2/3 cup Mango Peach Salsa (I love the brand from Costco!!)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees 
  2. Coat bottom of baking dish with olive oil and place Tilapia fillets in dish. 
  3. Season with desired amounts of salt, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. Flip fillets and season again. (At this point, I allowed the fillets to marinate for about 45 minutes) 
  4. Prior to baking, drop 1 teaspoon butter in the dish.
  5. Place in preheated oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
  6. Remove from over and cover each fillet with Mango Peach Salsa. Return to oven and cook for addition 2 minutes. (Fish should flake easily with a fork when cooked)
  7. Serve and enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment