Monday, March 28, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake

This is one our favorite desserts and while I can't claim to have made any of the "ingredients", I still wanted to share this DELICIOUS "recipe" :-)



Ingredients:
  • Pound Cake (toasted ... this make a huge difference)
  • Strawberries, sliced
  • Whipped Cream
  • Chocolate Sauce (my favorite is Chocolate Espresso Merlot!!!) 
Directions:

Cut the pound cake (from Costco) into 3/4" slices and toast. The toasted Pound Cake holds up so nicely against the juices of the strawberries and adds another texture to the dish! Normally I just pop them into the toaster but when entertaining large groups, it works great to put them on a cookie sheet and in the oven on broil for 2-4 minutes per side. Once toasted, top with strawberries, whipped cream and chocolate sauce ... I highly recommend a Chocolate Espresso Merlot!!! So many of my favorite things in one dish: coffee, vino, chocolate and fruit ... makes me want to go back for seconds :-)

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, so simple and yet so delicious. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your shortcake up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-11.html

    ReplyDelete